Ohio BWC reimbursing employers in Drug-Free Workplace program
Ohio BWC reimbursing employers in Drug-Free Workplace Program
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) is reimbursing employers for workplace substance use-related activities. The BWC is partnering with the Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health (ADAMH) boards to help employers more effectively manage substance use issues in their workplace. Through the Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP), eligible employers can be reimbursed for qualifying expenses related to implementing and administering a drug-free workplace program which includes:
• Development and legal review of employer policies and procedures about substance use issues.
• Training for employees to understand substance use and their employer’s related policies.
• Training to equip supervisors and managers to better manage employee’s recovery.
• Recovery-supportive drug testing for prospective and current employees.
• Access to a free employee wellness incentive program, Better You! Better Ohio!
Mark Your Calendar