Hamilton Hometown Heroes
City of Hamilton Hometown Hero Banner Program
To honor and recognize current and former residents of Hamilton who are serving, have served, or have given their life to our country as a member of the United States Armed Forces.
Established as a joint project of the City of Hamilton, The Hamilton Veterans Hall of Fame, the Greater Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, and the Hamilton Community Foundation to recognize and pay tribute to our local active duty military service personnel and veterans.
Banners honoring our brave service men and women will be displayed on city owned light poles located on Main Street and B Street from Memorial Day to Veterans Day.
Each banner will honor a specific individual. The banner will include the name, rank, years of service, branch of service, and a photo (in uniform if available). The banners will measure 30 inches wide by 80 inches high and will be printed on both sides.
The location of and available space for displaying banners will be determined by the City of Hamilton. Specific locations of the individual banners will be selected by the Hamilton Hometown Heroes Committee. A list of honorees and a map indicating where each banner is displayed will be available on the City of Hamilton website.
The banners will be displayed from approximately Memorial Day to Veterans Day. If space is available, banners may remain on display in future years. Prior to and after display, banners will be stored by the City of Hamilton until decommissioned or returned to the applicant.
If the banner is no longer in presentable form, attempt will be made to return the banner to the sponsor or applicant. At that time the sponsor/applicant may elect to purchase a replacement banner. The City and the Hometown Heroes Banner Committee will make every effort to protect the banners, but are not responsible for lost, damaged or missing banners.
To qualify for a banner, honorees must meet the following requirements:
- Honoree must be on active duty, honorably discharged or have died in the line of duty while a member of the United States Armed Forces.
- Honoree must be a resident or former resident of the City of Hamilton.
- Submission of the Hometown Hero Banner Program application required documentation and payment of fee by applicant or sponsor.
BANNER PRICING AND DONATION:
- The cost per banner is $180.00 for the production, installation, and removal of the banner.
- Sponsorships and donations will be accepted to assist individuals or families who would like to participate in this program but need financial assistance. Sponsors and donors will be listed on the website. Click here for information to donate.
- Payment options:
Payment of $180.00
Check or money order payable to: Hamilton Community Foundation
Please reference "Hometown Heroes Banner"
Scan QR code to Donate
ORDERING A BANNER:
- The applications will be accepted through March 31, 2024.
- Submit a completed application, supplemental documents and payment of $180.00 for review by the Hometown Heroes Banner Committee.
- Once the application is verified and funding for the banner has been received the applicant will be notified.
- Deadline to apply is March 31 of the following year to be included in the May – November display period.
- Available space is determined on a first-come, first-served basis among qualified applicants. If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of banner spaces, they will be placed on a waiting list for display in the following year or a future date.
Mark Your Calendar